Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

know any funny books for 12 year old?

im getting my daughter friend a book shes 12 can you suggest any funny ones?

• emilia
    Favorite Answer

I don't recommend you get Robert Munsch for a 12-year-old. His books are funny, but they're mainly for elementary level. Also, Louis Sachar's Wayside School books (all of them, even the Arithmetic ones) are hilarious, but I remember reading them in 2nd and 3rd grade. Thirdly, 3 of my sisters (8, 13, and 16 yrs) and I read Diary of a Wimpy Kid, and we all thought it was not good. I wouldn't personally recommend it.

I'm not sure I can remember any books that were completely funny from start to finish, but all of these have funny parts in them and they are really good too.

Dogs Don't Tell Jokes, There's A Boy in the Girls' Bathroom ~ both by Louis Sachar

The View From Saturday ~ E L Konigsburg

Ruby Holler, Walk Two Moons ~ both by Sharon Creech

The Artemis Fowl books ~ Eoin Colfer

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland ~ Lewis Carroll

Through the Looking Glass and What Alice Found There ~ Lewis Carroll

Sammy Keyes and the Sisters of Mercy ~ Wendelin van Draanen

The Series of Unfortunate Events ~ Lemony Snickett, the books are hilarious!

Anne of Green Gables, The Invention of Hugo Cabret, Little Women, A Little Princess, The Secret Garden, Oliver Twist, Peter Pan, The Outsiders, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (or anything else by Roald Dahl), Harry Potter, Love That Dog, The Circle of Magic Series, The King of Shadows, Holes, The Book Thief, Gathering Blue, The Silver Crown, Maniac Magee . . .

Eh, I think that's a good start. Clearly, I've read more YA and children's books than ones at my level.

Books For 12 Year Old

ok well if it's the vampires u liked in twilight read the vampire academy series. There are 3 books so far another one is coming out this month. They are Vampire Academy, Frostbite, Shadow Kiss, and Blood Promise. And they are by Richelle Mead. I'm 12 and I really liked them. Sorry can't think of how to summarize it. other vampire books are Peeps and The last days. They are both by Scott Westerfield and The Last days is kind-of the sequel to Peeps. Can't think of how to explain that one either. if it's the lovey dovey stuff then read books by Sarah Dessen and also read I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd have to kill you. it's about spies. then the main character meets a normalish boy and she likes him, but she is a spy at a spy school and it complicates things and shes not supposed to tell him she is a spy. plus her mom is the headmistress of the school. One other book that I really really liked was Need by Carrie Jones. It's about pixies, but not the small ones. There is romance and adventure and were-people. It is amazing! here is some more books i will not take the time to summarize: 13 Little blue envelopes Suite Scarlett My Fair Godmother Elsewhere The Uglies Series Vamped The Otherworldies

Cirque du Freak in the Saga of Darren Shan. The books in this series appeal to many people and I know that it was these books which made nearly everyone in my class start reading. These books are easy to read for people who have trouble, but don't talk down to kids and are funny and scary enough to appeal to the advanced readers of the class. When a friend of mine went to england and brought back books in the series which were not available in Canada, even the most reluctant readers (mainly boys) were clamoring to borrow them before their friends could get to them. The first four books are available at any bookstore here in canada, but if your 12 year old gets hooked you might have to do some scrambling to find the rest!

Source(s): experience

I -think- this is the right book and author, but it's been a while...

I used to -love- The Wayside School Books by Louis Sachar. They were extremely clever, and are perfect for young children. I wouldn't recommend the books to anyone over the age of 12 or 13, though. But Sachar is the same author that wrote "Holes," which is another great book.

****Okay, I wikipedia'd him, and here are the books I was talking about:

-"Sideways Stories from Wayside School"

-"Wayside School Is Falling Down"

-"Sideways Arithmetic From Wayside School"

-"More Sideways Arithmetic From Wayside School"

-"Wayside School Gets a Little Stranger"

I have just the book

Adrian Mole - The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole Aged 13¾

Its funny a very easy

Its the book that first got me into reading when i was about 12-13 i have never looked back. It changed my life.

My 11 year old cousin looooves Diary of a Wimpy Kid. There are different series and I know a lot of the schools around here have the Book Fair ordering. They're in there. Or check Barnes & Nobles =)

Ally's World by Karen McCombie. There are a series of books of the same title. Great for 12 year old girls.

Jaqueline Wilsons

im a 12 year old and i liked the book skullgery pleasant(it depends on the person though