NEED HELP on editors and magazines?

i have to take the role of an editor for a roleplay/discussion that is worth a big % of my grade. i am the editor and need to decide what goes in to the magazine. i need some help for a few things the gossip columnist has taken pics of a footballer leaving a hotel early in the morning where a mystery celebrity... show more i have to take the role of an editor for a roleplay/discussion that is worth a big % of my grade. i am the editor and need to decide what goes in to the magazine. i need some help for a few things

the gossip columnist has taken pics of a footballer leaving a hotel early in the morning where a mystery celebrity lady is known to be staying. he is known for having affairs in the past and is married (no its not ashley cole haha) - the gossip columnist thinks this story is too good to miss out but if it turns out wrong we may get sued. what do we do?

also...a famous and popular fashion designer has launched a new clothing line but uses real fur, she wants a spot in the newspaper, but this could spark animal rights campaigners to backfire and there will be controversy and stuff. what to do?

as the editor, i need to listen to the people in my group and choose on the lead stories. how should i act out this role to get good marks?

professional help needed, thanks
Update: look i have my own personal feelings about fur and animal rights and this gossip stuff but i have to be in ROLE as the editor and do what i think is best for the magazine, what will get most readers. but also in general, i wanna no how to act out the editor's role. any ideas? do i just listen to... show more look i have my own personal feelings about fur and animal rights and this gossip stuff but i have to be in ROLE as the editor and do what i think is best for the magazine, what will get most readers.

but also in general, i wanna no how to act out the editor's role. any ideas? do i just listen to everyone's argument, then at the end, weigh it up and decide??
Update 2: ourajin - that was V helpful. thankyou! if u dont mind, what journalism school did u go to, what country? thnx