What do you get for finding a typo in a published book?

I just started reading a book, and I have found a typo in the book. Do you get any money for finding it? If so, who do you contact about it?

Favorite Answer

No, you don't get anything. You can write to the publisher (the address of the publishing house will be on the copyright page of the book, or you can check their website for contact information) but there isn't a reward for finding a typo. And if you've noticed it, odds are someone else (a literary critic or reviewer) has already noticed it too.

• raggs

Typo Book

You could tell the publisher - but you're most unlikely to get anything out of it. I'm not convinced I've ever read a book without finding a typo.

I've found typos in a lot of books. I haven't heard anything about getting money for pointing it out though.

• Elissa

You might get an e-mail saying thank you and a promise to fix it the next time the book prints.

Typos in published books are a fact of life. We are constantly making corrections.

Source(s): I work in publishing.

do you prefer us to signify a e book with typos? ok, a mutually as back I study Vampire Acadamy by capacity of Michele study, and it somewhat is plagued with typos left perfect and centre! It replaced into extremely vexing, I usually ask your self what the editor replaced into doing the finished time. i'm particular any e book in the revealed sequence you will locate in the library or the e book place.

Tv set ruins your brain and makes you bad in institution hmmm and reading is interesting and makes you smarter

• ?

I'd read a booklet but I need silence and I watch television for Big Bang theory family man spongebob humor or movies in general throw me a good book and I will read it I'm not old a teacher or a nerd

You get absolutely nothing. Also, if the book has been out for more than a month, under no circumstances should you email the author and tell him/her about it.

• C_Bar

Start a collection, and maybe eventually you'll get a job as a proofreader.