What is the difference between a cute looking girl and a beautiful/hot girl?

To me as a guy, I can't really tell a big difference between a cute and hot girl. Can you girls explain the difference to me, and quote some examples from our everyday lives? To me, cute would be Emmanuelle Chriqui (100 girls, Dont mess with the zohan), and hot would be Ali Larter (Heroes). But sometimes,... show more To me as a guy, I can't really tell a big difference between a cute and hot girl. Can you girls explain the difference to me, and quote some examples from our everyday lives? To me, cute would be Emmanuelle Chriqui (100 girls, Dont mess with the zohan), and hot would be Ali Larter (Heroes). But sometimes, Emmanuelle Chriqui looks very hot too, obviously being an actress.

For me personally, I have a strong attraction towards cute girls and their smiles (esp), they seem more sincere. And more laid back, and less likely to dump you (this is from experience). Just my personal choice, I'm sure guys have their personal preferences.

I think its very easy to look hot; just wear scantier clothes and you're good to go. But you are more likely to be run over by nastier guys then.
Update: EDIT:

PLEASE GIVE SOME EVERYDAY LIFE EXAMPLES TO ILLUSTRATE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE TWO.
Update 2: BLUST R:

I have a girlfriend whos very cute :)