How long does frozen chicken last?

While clearing out my freezer checking what I got etc I found 2 packets of frozen chicken pieces (they were fresh but I froze them). They have been in there a couple of months, are they still safe to use?

Favorite Answer

they are fine, most poultry is good for at least 6 months. heck ive found stuff in the back of mine that well has been in there for a long time..lol..im still breathing.

i would say as long as it dont look totaly disgusting from freezer burn then yes its just fine. i cook with a lot of chicken threfor always have chicken in my freezer for months. the only time i never used it was once when it looked really horrible from freezer burn...

ive used stuff that had a bit of freezer burn, you could jsut kinda taste that ...it didnt hurt anything health wise , just taste..it wasnt horrible but it wasnt yummy...

Yes. Don't keep any meat frozen for more than 6 months just to be sure. Put a label on it when you put it in the freezer with the date of freezing and a use by date. You don't want food poisoning.

depends on how many start rating your Freezer is, usually Chicken pieces up to : 9 months

it really depends on how good your freezer is, its star rating

But when you buy frozen meat from stores they have them there for years

However the recommended amount to leave it in the freezer when you put in from fresh is 3months but i am sure its still safe to eat uo to 12 months.

3 star or 4 star freezer and which shelf position top or bottom, what temperature setting,-18 is good, all these have influence. 2 months should be ok to thaw out and ensure you cook them thoroughly until juices are running free.

as long as it has been in the freezer it will be fine just make sure when you do take out you thaw it and cook it

as long as you have it in the freezer FOREVER. but no more than a year. gets too much odor on it.

Not sure but when I defrosted one the other day it was dead.