Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 decade ago

R&P: How about a standing ovation for Mitch Mitchell, who died today in Portland.?

• Punch
    Favorite Answer

how about firing up the track "Manic Depression"

what a remarkable example of his talent

Rest in Rock MITCH

tell Jimi We be thinkin' of him too

What an honor it must have been for Mitchell to be a part of Rock history, hooking up with Jimi---and kicking out the jams--during the epic radically evolving social changes experienced during the late 60s.

Mitch wasn't Buddy Rich--and his works don't compare to Kieth Moon, Jon Bonham or Neal Peart. But it's frustrating that audio technology in those days really clouded up Mitchell's work with the JHE.

And I wonder if perhaps Mitchell planned it that way to a degree. After all, the star and boss-man was Jimi; the bassist and Mitchell's work is supposed to compliment NOT compete with Jimi's guitar works.

I'm hoping that advanced digital audio work will be done to give all the JHE music tracks a clean, crisper treatement that does allow us to better hear and appreciate the bass and percussion works done by the JHE. Jimi's works don't really need digital clean-up---his works are forever timeless, for he was one of the few who truly thought outside the box.

Mitch Mitchell lived a legendary life during and well after his time with the JHE. Shame we won't be reading about his memoirs.

How sad and scary it is that our Rock legends are dying out naturally these days.

I honestly was about to say the exact same thing that the first answer said but once I saw it I realized mine wouldn't seem as funny I'd like to see the Foo Fighters get a standing ovation

RIP Mitch just for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVhqyyyNRkg

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

Take Care

Dave

Yeah I'm thinking of going to the pub and programming the Jukebox with JHE music for an hour or so.

RIP Mitch: Even as a guitar player, you give me drummer envy.

He died in Portland? That's where i live...oh no!

That's so depressing! Anyone know how he died?

Tragic loss. Long live the Experience.

Bummer. I guess he is jamming with Jimmy again. Rock on free bird.

• raising my glass to you, mitch... we've lost an important part of music history. amen to the amen.