stina asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

Does anyone have any easy at-home solutions for excessively oily hair?

My hair is extremely oily ...

I have to wash it once in the morning ...

By the time I get home from work, it is so oily that I have to wash it AGAIN!

Does anyone have any easy at-home solutions?

Favorite Answer

I suggest you wash your hair with a clarifying shampoo, like the 'degunkify' shampoo from herbal essences. http://images.buzzillions.com/images_products/06/3...

It smells delicious! And it works!

And, when your hair is greasy and you are on the run, baby powder is amazing!! Sprinkle it at your roots, and brush it through, and it absorbs all excess oil!! http://img.alibaba.com/photo/11661067/Johnson_John...

Just be careful cuz if you put in too much it makes your hair look grey.

I hope I helped!!!

I learned a trick a long time ago and it worked for me. My hair is extremely oily! I was told to pour baby powder on my scalp in the morning before i head out for the day. It works soo well! What i do is i'll sprinkly a little baby powder in one section of my hair and spread it with my fingers. I will then part my hair and sprinkle a little more on that section of my scalp. I'll do this until i have my whole scalp covered in baby powder and well patted down so u can't tell that i even put any on at all. It really works!! Try it. The powder helps soak up all the oil in your hair and it will help it from appearring oily and dirty. Also, try not to run your hand through your hair and scalp during the day. And contrary to what many sources say, use a conditioner when you shampoo your hair to keep your scalp from producing even MORE oil. A lot of people think that by not using conditioner on your scalp it will help keep it dry. This will actually dry up your scalp, and cause your body to naturally produce more oil for you skin to make up for the lost oil that was washed out. Does that make sense? Hope that helps!

only do this like once or twice a week but i like to use dawn dishsoap original and wash my hair with it dont use to much and be sure to rinse it out good it will get rid of grease to

Source(s): i have been doing it for over 2 years

Change od condition and or shampoo,blow dry it and stay out of hot places for a long time.

Source(s): My family owns and works at hair shops.

use clarifying shampoos .

+ try a dry shampoo , you can use stuff such as corn starch or corn meal , then brush it out.