R&P: We have lost another rock great. RIP Mitch Mitchell.?

Personally, I was just beginning to recover from the loss of Rick Wright in september, and now I have to somehow get over the fact that the Jimi Hendrix Experience is extinct. The man was only 62 years old. Hendrix would have only been 66. They could definitely still have been making music today if they were still alive (in fact, Mitchell was out on the "Experience Hendrix" Tour featuring Brad Whitford from Aerosmith and Robby Kreiger, among others, when he passed). Mitchell was one of the greatest rock drummers out there, though he didn't get a whole ton of recognition considering who was up there playing guitar at the front of the stage. So, comments? Opinions? If any of you were around ot have seen the Experience in concert (I'm sure theres a couple of you out there) stories, please?

MQ (or BQ or whatever you wanna call it now): Favorite Experience song? Also, what's your opinion on Hendrix's posthumous appearance in the new Guitar Hero game?

• Larka
    Favorite Answer

Like you, I am still recovering from Rick Wright... or just starting... the loss of him devastated me. I recovered from it but something happened and I got upset all over again.

Now that Mitch has passed... and Noel and Jimi, too... that further worsens me. It is so terrible that these great people had to die so young. I do not know how I will recover. Mitch truly was and is a great drummer, but everyone's attention always goes to Jimi... I think he deserves much more recognition.

He's probably in Rock n' Roll Heaven, jamming with Jimi and Noel... I hope... may he rest in peace, and he will most certainly not be forgotten. Not by me, at least.

I wish I had been alive to go to an Experience concert... I bet my mom's boyfriend has, and one of my past teachers I know for sure has. Hmm... now that I am starting to remember this, I think she just got to see Jimi perform, but she said that it was in an indoor place, very small, when not many people knew about him. She said it was wonderful... I bet...

MQ: I am going to be cliche and go with Castles Made of Sand. I also love 1983... (A Merman I Should Turn To Be).

Based on How they are in their own Genre – 11s -- Budgie, Hawkwind 10s -- Traffic, Tomorrow, Velvet Underground, Gentle Giant, Caravan, Renaissance, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Suicide, <edit insert> actually "Crass" should get a 10 for "The Feeding of the 5000" - an important Punk album <end edit insert> 9s -- Spirit, Love, Bloodrock, Tony Williams Lifetime, U.K., X 8s – Armageddon, Skyhooks, It's a Beautiful Day, Mason Proffit, United States of America 7s - Badger, The Seeds, Pavlov's Dog, Grobschnitt 6s - The Fugs, Glass Harp, Kraan 3 – Flipper Have not heard enough (or any) to judge -- Music Machine, Sir Douglas Quintet, Sir Lord Baltimore, Butts Band, Van Dyke Parks, David Ackles, Jorge Ben, Gilberto Gil, Fela Kuti, Merzbow, Fear, Big Boys, Weirdos, Aorta, Head Hands & Feet, Kollectiv, Primevil, Left Banke BQ -- I was not aware of this album!! It looks really interesting -- I love Blows Against the Empire.

Hm. This happening a bit too frequently now. Not trying to be funny at all, but I'm thinkin' that a lot of other 60s musicians will die soon. An alarming amount have died this year alone.

MQ: Little Wing, Castles Made Of Sand, Stone Free.

The appearance of Jimi Hendrix in Guitar Hero makes me SICK. That desecration of his body and memory. You don't use a dead man to sell video games. It's just not right. Of course, he may support it, since he might be indirectly inspiring many other musicians by hearing his stuff on Guitar Hero.

mitch is one of the most underrated drummers in history, obviously because he plays in a band bearing the name of a guitar legend, so people automatically forget about the rest of the band anyway...just like so many others he will be sorely missed from the music world

mq: purple haze...and as for hendrix making an appearance, if his estate has no problem with it, then neither do i

Yeah, I too am recovering from Rick Wright and now Mitch! NOOOO!!

This is a sad time for Rock and Roll.

MQ: Are You Experienced? is my favorite Experience song.

And my opinion on the GT appearance? I haven't formed one yet.

I swear. So many from that era are dying before 70. RIP I guess the entire band (of the classic line-up) are gone now....

May he rest in peace...

rip Mitch you will be missed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcvmOqoY1Ng

Youtube thumbnail

he died today? oh my god god bless his soul