I've already had sex, but I've decided I want a purity ring. Is that okay or something that's not done?

I made the mistake of having sex a part of my life before...but now I'm ready to be done with that. I wanted to make a promise to myself to remain abstinent from here on out and have a ring to symbolize that and remind me...but I wasn't sure if that was something people did..or if you have to be a virgin to have a purity ring.

Favorite Answer

Theirs nothing wrong with having sex, and you shouldn't get a purity ring... dont you realize 99% of the stuff we talk about as humans is sex, sex on the internet, sex in the sky, sex food... you cant escape it. You just need to mature and learn to stop putting yourself in a regretful situation.

• Alyssa

Most people get it when they are a virgin and stay a virgin until marriage.

But God can forgive things and if you regret it then you are forgiven.

There is also such a thing as a second virgin, like a second chance virgin.

A purity ring represents the promise to abstain from sex marriage.Not anywhere does it say you can't be forgiven or get a second chance.

Just please, honey, start abstaining from sex right now.

Also a great place to get a purity ring would either be purityrings.com or James Avery jamesavery.com

Hope I helped you,

Alyssa.

• Debby

I wouldn't think that it would be right for you to wear a ring for purity, since you are not pure anymore. Remaining abstinent would be a good idea, maybe you could find some other kind of ring or piece of jewelry that could represent your abstinence.

sadly purity is extremely hard to find these days. i hardly know anyone that is now, but purity isnt about being a virgin or not. its about how u think and treat ppl, situations and just sex in general. tbh theres probably pleanty of impure ppl wearing them anyways so i wouldnt worry.

praise urself, a ring is just not needed.

brilliant question.

im so sorry, and so happy!! usually i would disagree, but seeing that your ready to move on and realize your mistake. i am a virgin, and plan on remaining one until marriage. i thin its great that you want a fresh start and a ring to show it!!

Source(s): Holy Bible
  • Haley

Mistakes happen. Renewing yourself as a "virgin" is perfectly okay.