Soy protein shakes for vegetarian.?

im vegetarian its been 3 months and some days.. well i haven't had my period for 5 months. i have an eating disorder(YES I EAT) just not sure if i'm getting enough calories with my workouts. I eat 1 thousand and 3 hundred some calories and workout...... I've gotten better from my ED. WEll i was wondering if i should take soy protein shakes or not. Or ensure drinks.. please write back.. and i try to go up to 1,500 but it's hard......

Favorite Answer

it would be a good thing to drink ensure in ADDITION to what you eat.

they are very healthy and probably has a lot of calories but it provides with tonnnnsss of nutrients. so don't think of it as calories but think of it as vitamins. you need them!

Yes you should. If you consume 1300 calories in 1 day in addition to exercise, you need to consider the burnt calories. Don't starve yourself! And if you have been missing your period you are most likely anemic--I believe is the term--or without important vitamins. Take a daily vitamin, and make sure you get enough Iron, because women need that a lot more than men.

I think the best advice is get a blood test if you can with your Doctor to see how your body is taking in vitamins and if it is malnourished. I would definitely boost up the protein, and soy never hurts!