Cayden asked in SportsBoxing · 1 decade ago

Is their any fighter in the world right now who can beat Joe Calzaghe?

Im talking about Light Heavyweight, Super Middleweight, or even Middleweight. I was thinking Winky Wright or Jermain Taylor, or even Glen Johnson but who do you think can beat Joe Calzaghe

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Me. jk jk. I think that Glen Johnson has a good chance, as many have stated why. I think that Joe should retire though, I don't think he can get lucky again. He should enjoy his money and hot girlfriend (hahahahaha) I know I would! ;)

Source(s): boxing fan
  • 1 decade ago

The reason Joe Calzaghe has gone all these years undefeated is beacuse he changes his tactics when he is in the ring, no fighter has ever been able to figure him out.

As for Chad Dawson on paper yes he has a chance, but then think about what Calzaghe did to the so called up and coming jeff lacy, destroyed him, took away his confidence, and left him in the gutter fighting washed up boxers like manfredo and taylor.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think Johnson has a ledgit chance against joe. He comes foward, he hits hard and has an iron chin. Plus he's got balls. He would be glad to trade punches with slap happy calzaghe.

Dawson also has a good chance. He's big , hits hard and he has great speed. He also likes to throw combinations. He also has the endurance to keep up with joe

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Winky Wright could probably demolish Joe Calzaghe if they have a fight.

Good luck to you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Umm based on styles i could see glen johnson doing it, he is relentless he comes forward and he has a tough chin as well as good power, he could easily handle calzaghe's slaps and probably hurt him. Dawson is another one that comes to mind, he has shown that he is very talented, very quick with his hands and willing to trade punches with the best of them, he could give calzaghe trouble because unlike hopkins and jones, dawson is in his prime and very dangerous.

• 1 decade ago

I think Palvik can beat Joa Calzaghe...

If Calzaghe can fight at Pacquiao's weight... that could be a wonderful match. haha

• 1 decade ago

I agree with the last guy. I think Pavlik has a good chance as would jermain taylor

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

He could have a bit of trouble with the bloke next door on a Saturday night!

• Dave
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

No, nobody can live with Joe. He's too good for anyone around at this time

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Bernard Hopkins would probably win a rematch

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.