Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

How can I break the ice with a girl?

LOK, so at school theres this girl I like and we're in the same english class but she's real quiet and we kinda know each other because our brothers are firends but its st ill kinda awkward so today I askerd her to be my partner for something in english and it wasn't that bad but like it's still kinda weird and I just want to know some good ways to sorta break the ice so we can become friends at least.

see the whole thing is shes real quiet so I don't know like if she likes me or hates me you know what I'm saying..I mean like I don't know what she thinks of me.

Favorite Answer

How i usually get a shy girl to talk is just by making jokes, telling stories, all that good stuff. Never tell her shes quiet, that will just make her feel more uncomfortable, and the whole point is to get her to feel comfortable around you. Just realize you will most likely have to do most of the talking in the start, but in the end it will most likely work to you're advantage. Just be patient, funny and understanding, and don't hit on her too much, that will just once again, put her in an awkward situation, and you need her to be comfortable. This always works for me

She most likely does not hate you, shy girls usually have self esteem issues, and they are quiet to keep from embarrassing themselves and to stay away from rejection. You just need to make them comfortable. comfort is the key, im tellin you dude.

dude, i have these problems 2. i just talk to her in english class and ask her to be your partner again. it will take you like a week or 2 to gain a friendship with her. after you know her for like a month and a half just say "Hey i was wondering if u were doing anything this weekend" then ask her to the movies or something. i hope i helped you.

JOKE! : say "how much does a polar bear weigh?"

she'll be like "i dont know"

and then say "enough to break the ice!"

sorry if that didnt help, i heard some kids saying it in school XD

make jokes with her, try to get her to laugh, even if the jokes are corny. it'll show her that you're trying to get her attention, or "break the ice with her" as you call it. she'll appreciate it and eventually it will get her to warm up to you. trust me, it works, because this guy I kno did that to me a couple years back and now we're dating :-) good luck man

Source(s): life experiences

It sort of sound like you like her but I ned some more details. How does she act around you compared to other guys?

Get her to talking about herself, you will learn a lot about her, and girls would rather talk about themselves than anything, you also appear to be a good listerner, very easy trick.

yeah defo be yourself but when you talk to her make eye contact and smile because there'd nothing worse than a guy who looks to shy to even look at you! Goodlyck x

depends in how old are you?

if you are a boy/teeneger and you are shy you should try wrtting a letter and put in her locker

if you're a man and you aren't shy just tell her that

ive been on both ends of this

just slowly become friends with her but dont make it look like she needs attention

try gettin to kno her and also ask her out if u really like her

try gettin her email address and try gettin to kno her through emails or in person

whichever one u think is better ;)