What do you do with those plastic hangers you get when you buy clothes?? (Besides just throwing them away!)?

I have a ton of hangers from my sons clothes, but I use the nice heavy ones you buy. Can the ones from the store be recycled?? donated??

I know what to do with hangers! I just prefer to use the nice ones I have bought! Most of my sons clothes have come as gifts. I don't take them from the store either. But my questions is I have A LOT now and I don't need/want to use them. What should I do with them??

Favorite Answer

The plastic is recyclable, and you can also freecycle them (just find the yahoo freecycle group for your area) or list for free on craigslist.

I remove the hangers before going to the check out counter,then give them to the cashier to dispose of them.

i usually just tell the cashier that i dont need the hangers, that way they can reuse them, you can just take them with you on your next visit to the store. im not sure if they can be recycled.

Well try to do projects with them with your kids break them and make items (look up projects online) or give them to someone who wants them or donate them like you said or when at a store take them off and say oh keep that

• when you buy the clothes, you can tell them you dont want the hangers. ok well you could give them to one of your friends or something,.

Recycle them

I use them for my pants like the ones with the clips. Also you might be able to bring them back to the store.

While i wait in line at the store i take them of, they sure have something to do with them, i dont

Wow ... that Banana Hanger can also doulbe as a Rat Rack ...... talk you Rat .... Where's the Cheese?

• Erin R

Take them to a store and see if they can use them/take them back.

Otherwise donate them to a goodwill or something orelse recycle them.