I cant hear the sound on my laptop speakers?

I have a Panasonic CF-30. I can only hear sound through my headphones. I stopped hearing sound when I hit the mute button. I have un muted my labtop but I still can hear sound.

Favorite Answer

On the taskbar at the bottom of the screen, right-click on the icon of a speaker (if it's not there, go to Control Panel, click on Sound and Audio Devices, and click on the first 'Advanced...' button you see). Make sure everything here is up to a reasonable volume and isn't muted. If everything's OK, click the Options tab, select Properties, and click as many checkboxes as you can find. Then click OK to exit the Properties window and make sure all the new options are at good volume too.

If that's doesn't work, check that everything is okay in the Sounds and Audio Devices part of the Control Panel. If it still doesn't work, try getting professional help.

visit the gadget supervisor and see if there's a yellow image the place your sound is. If its yellow with an ! on it, go on your computers information superhighway internet site and seek for the drivers for the sound. Lock your room once you go on holiday next time.

What kind of sound? Static, music? It sounds like an application is stuck open and is still using your speakers.