How do I tell a future girlfriend that I have an STD?

• Andy S
    Favorite Answer

Yeah, it's hard. I have genital herpes, so I always have to have the "talk" with somebody when things start getting serious. Don't tell her on the first date (unless you plan on being sexual, which I hope you won't do that soon) but wait until things are getting sort of serious and it's becoming obvious that you may like each other enough to want to have a sexual relationship. It's hard, but you have to let her know that you have something very important to tell her. If the disease is curable, tell her you're being treated. If not, tell her what you have. If it's herpes, it helps to be on an anti-viral med, like Valtrex. Her chances of catching it are greatly reduced if you are well controlled on a med. I know first hand how hard this is, but I my wife is perfectly fine with me and she has not caught the disease from me, although she understands it's a possibility. Good luck to you.

In today's time it is not as uncommon as we would like to think it is to get one. If you go out with her tell her before your dating, maybe take her on two dates, on the second one tell her you are interested in dating her but you do have concerns because in a past relationship you contracted an STD from your partner. It doesn't matter if it was a one night stand you can still say this.

I would just tell them to get checked. STD's aren't bad. Sh** happens and what if you caught it from her?

Yea, just call her and say I think you gave me a STD, you should go have yourself check" I think this would be the easier way and you can keep your pride!

well if she likes you she would understand. My boyfriend told me he has herpes which is an std and i accept it because i love him.so if you are certain she love you she will accept it,just don't spread it.

Source(s): experience

number one thing right now: TELL HER NOW BEFORE YOU GUYS HAVE SEX. dont wait until after cause that will make it ten times worse. if you already had sex with her, i would not even tell her, trust me its not a good situtation at all to wait.