Catholics, when you vote how important is the abortion issue?

• Favorite Answer

Very important. Any so-called Catholic who thinks he/she can vote in favor of pro-abortion political candidates does not know the teachings of the Church.

Of course let me clarify the issue a little further, most Novus Ordo Catholics have had their faith slowly but surely taken away from them, and many of them don't seem to care. Truly they have become Roman Protestants. The true Roman Catholic faith, Mass, and other Sacraments is not where you might think they are today.

The sin of abortion is one of those sins, like sodomy, that calls out to heaven for vengeance. Eventually it will lead to the (self) destruction of those nations that have enshrined it within their "laws".

many Catholics consider it to be the main issue. I however do not believe that the president has the power to overturn or not. If I missed something where they do (who knows what Bush has authorized himself to do) then the Republicans are a bunch of hypocritical liars for not having done it already. So for me it is really a non issue.

I'm not Catholic, but my Catholic school teachers have told us that the real reason that they voted for McCain was because he was against abortion.

"Planned Parenthood is the next Hitler!"

Not at all.

While I do find Roe v Wade unconstitutional and would like to see abortion's legality left up to the states, I also know that politicians use abortion as a bargaining chip to get votes, and the whole thing makes me sick.

Plus, I don't have a uterus, so I shouldn't base my vote on a choice I cannot use.

I am not a catholic but I serve Christ.

I see it as a contradiction to be pro-life and pro-war.

Bring life into the world to have it taken away 18 years later?

It was a hard decision for me.

to most catholics it is the main issue.