dazmasta asked in SportsOther - Sports · 1 decade ago

Gyms with mats, what are they called and where can i find them?

Ok so i started doing acrobats/tricking/ whatever you would like to call it awhile back. This includes stuff such as front flips, and back flips and more. I started to practice this stuff on grass and it didn't hurt to much when i messed up, but now as im getting into the more complicated stuff it is started to kind of hurt when its being performed on the grass, so i have fear of practicing it on the grass. My point is where can i go to practice on mats, like gyms with mats... do they have special names? Would an everyday gym have this? Also if you could give me a specific place that is good in waukesha county wisconsin that would be great also ( if you just happen to live nearby )

1 Answer

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Well, you basically described an average gymnastics center!

    They have mats designed for flipping and tumbling, so you should be fine. And yes, practicing on the grass is probably just a little dangerous :)

    Gymnastics centers near you? Um...Salto Gymnastics Club, American Turners Gymnastics, M & M Gymnastics? Lol, I just googled it and that seems to be what's close.

    Well, good luck finding a gym, hope this helped! :)

    Source(s): gymnastics for 9 years
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.