Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

So what is henna and what does it do to your hair?

is it like a natural hairdye or something..and what colour does it turn out...i have naturally dark brown hair..but i have dyed it a lot over the years..right now im back to brown but its fading dramaticy because i had blonde highlights a few months ago..would henna be good for my hair..also is it healthier than hairdye??

Favorite Answer

yeah you should try henna, its a lot healthier than hair dye and it helps produce oils and strengthens your hair. It is a natural dye. It turns out a light brown or red ( if u have blonde), but u have dark brown so it might just be a little auburn..

Henna is a natural dye, often used in temporary tattoos, it comes from a plant and in henna tattoos it shows up as a dark brown - a medium reddish brown, depending on the brand and skintone, it would probably dye your hair a darker brown, but i have never heard of it used as a hair dye, although im sure it would work.

Henna is a paste made from a plant, I can;t remember which one though. Women in India traditionally out it on their hands and feet in their weddings, but people put it on their hands for no reason too.I'm Indian, and I have used henna before. It makes your hair shine a lot more in the sun, and it gives you dark highlights, but its barely visible, so don't worry about it looking goofy!! It also gets rid of gray hairs! No offence if you don't have gray hair! =D

henna is just a natural red dye. you know in indian weddings, the woman get the henna on their hands and it turns that rusty red/brown color? if your hair is really dark, it wont show up unless you bleach it, and even then, it will show up a really kinda gross red color. and it fades FAST because there is nothing in it to keep it in. so i don't really reccomend it for hair coloring. but if you wanna try it, good luck!

its natural, lasts for a while, there are all sorts of them ( like brands ect) it will stay for a while but will eventually fade out like any thing. you can also use the henna in a tube, great for temprary tatoos!

type in henna in the search engine.

u will find every thing u wanted to know and more

• alia

no, correctly henna is essentially the most average and oldest method of demise hair. Its all natural and it smells well too. It wont be too harsh and can simply supply adequate color to make the hair glossy.

It's a natural hair dye that conditions as it colors your hair, but is not to be mixed with or put on top of any other chemical hair color.

http://www.hennaforhair.com/warnings/index.html

henna is a good safe dye for hair, I love the color I get and it makes my hair so healthy and it grows so quickly now.http://www.hennacaravan.com/shop/hair.html

the henna i know of does not go on your hair

it goes on your skin and makes like a temporary tattoo

i answered your question, now yoou answer mine :]

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Aila6...