Ipod not recognized by laptop?

My ipod wont sync to my laptop. When I plug it into my usb nothing happens. My usb power is on and a different ipod works fine. I don't get a sad face or exclamation point. PLEASE HELP!!! I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING.

Favorite Answer

If you can try another computer or a different USB port. Sometimes the iPod doesn't like a port like on my laptop. If that doesn't work, do a hard reset ( Middle button + Menu) and try again.

If nothing works, go to your local retailer and if your warranty is not void, then ask them to fix it. In most cases, they will provide you with a refurbished one that works like a new one.

Note: I've gone through the same process with my iPod Classic, and i ended up getting a new one from the retail store.

Source(s): My iPod

lol, yet another apple scam take it back in the present day and demand a substitute and together as your there write a letter of criticism to apple you mustn't would desire to pay 2 hundred+ for something that doesn't artwork top