what does wic provide for breast feeding moms? Do they provide the pump? nursing pads? nursing bra? etc? Thank?

Favorite Answer

WIC will provide nursing mothers a pump. they unfortunately don't help with other supplies. however, they will also give you bonus food items too, such as carrots and tuna! Plus extra beans and juice :) It varies by state what kind of pump you receive , for example in my state, only mothers who work at least 20 hours a week qualify for an electric pump, other nursing mothers get a medela hand held pump, whic is still top quality. i would call your local office to get more infomration. you can call 1-800-WIC-WINS to be transferred to the closest office in you state. Good luck honey.

For more information on WIC and how to take advantage of the substancial savings WIC gives lower income familes, please check out this link http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1188256/c...

Justa bout everything you need. Not sure bout nursing bra tho. They might tho. Ya never know. Wic program is awsome. I have 3 babies and with the cost of forumula and breasts pumps now days it would be nuttin but a struggle to do it on our own. Thank God for the program!

it somewhat is meant to be slightly undesirable to your breast and milk flow to easily pop your breast over the coolest of a prevalent bra, which i assume is that option. even with the indisputable fact that, I wager it does not be that loads of a topic. i might additionally propose activities bras in view that they're usually extra stretchy - you prefer something that expands once you do. yet another decision - seek on line for the thank you to make a nursing bra. i'm fairly particular I got here upon a internet site as quickly as that had training. it would extra often than not be including a hookk to a prevalent bra, yet you may prefer a 2nd layer so the strap replaced into linked to a minimum of something once you unhooked the flap.

some of them offer pump. Otherwise your own your own fo supplies. BUy reusable pads they save a lot of money. Walmart has nursing bras for cheap unless your very large breasted they wern't supportive enough for me.

Wic offers carrots, extra juice/milk, tuna and beans on your checks in addition to what you would have got before having baby

They won't supply the pads nor the bras. SOME places will offer a pump, but some health departments just don't have the funds to purchase them in the first place.

They told me they will provide a nice electric pump if you commit to only breast feeding for the first year. If you want to do both, they will give you a manual pump. I don't think they give you anything else, besides the food items.

not nursing pads byut you can get a pump- i got a really good electric pump- an ameda elite. tuna, carrots, eggs, milk, cheese, cereal, beans and juice