Anti virus update "cannot connect to server" problem. Please Help It's driving me mad!!?

I have tried installing 3 diffrent anti virus programs. Avg 8.0, Avast 2008 and Kaspersky 2009. All 3 programs seemed to install ok but when i try to update i get the same response for all 3 "cannot connect to server". I also cannot connect to Avg.com and other anti virus websites. I search the web regularly with Flock web browser and have no problems. Except with anti virus sites. I do not have all 3 anti virus programs installed at once. I have tried 1 at a time. Uninstalling one to try another. I am going crazy with this. Can anyone help me PLEASE. It would be much appreciated and i would be very greatfull. THANK YOU

Update:

I have tried installing 3 diffrent anti virus programs. Avg 8.0, Avast 2008 and Kaspersky 2009. All 3 programs seemed to install ok but when i try to update i get the same response for all 3 "cannot connect to server". I also cannot connect to Avg.com and other anti virus websites. I search the web regularly with Flock web browser and have no problems. Except with anti virus sites. I do not have all 3 anti virus programs installed at once. I have tried 1 at a time. Uninstalling one to try another. I am going crazy with this. Can anyone help me PLEASE. It would be much appreciated and i would be very greatfull. THANK YOU. p.s. I have tried turning off my firewall and it still did not work.

Update 2:

p.s. I have tried turning off my firewall and it still did not work.

Update 3:

Please Help

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I had the same problem as you...I removed AVG and re-installed and still would not update..So i decided to register after the installation update failed with a new E-mail address....and updates started working again. Not sure if you will have the same luck or not.

Update

Next morning update failed to start...went to..

Start..Control Panel...Firewall...Allow Programs through Firewall...Exceptions Tab...noticed Avgupd.exe was checked......Clicked on Add....Added Avg Free Tray and Avg Free User....updates started immediately.

Cheers

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.