me
me asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

craving alert!!! help!! lol?

why is it that i crave carbs carbs and more carbs!? mashed potatoes and chicken flavored rice! lol does this happen to any other of you pregnant ladies?? does that mean you are lacking something? cause i feel like those things dont really provide any nutrition...what do you think??

mommy of 2- thats pretty funny, i eat peanut butter sandwitches and spaghetti ALL the time lol our bodies are funny when we are pregnant!

Favorite Answer

Maybe because carbs = quick energy source and we get so tired when we're pregnant? It happened to me!

At least it's not Big Macs. Or dirt! lol

It's normal to crave all sorts of stuff when you're pregnant. I've been craving milk like crazy, but only the last few weeks and I'm 38 weeks along. I guess it could mean I need more calcium, or it could just mean I love milk. ;o) You're supposed to load up on carbs when doing a lot of exercise, maybe your body is just gearing up for labor?

During my first pregnancy, carbs was all I wanted to eat also, and I had a girl. Now i'm having a boy and all I want is meat and spicy food! I heard that when you're having a girl, all you really want is carbs and sweets. Eat whatever you crave, as long as you're getting other vitamins also.

OH yeah! all i wanted was peanut butter sandwich and spaguetti! It's okay eat what you want to as long it's not a complete cake LOL just kidding!

You produce less stomach acid when you are pregnant so digesting proper food takes soooo much effort. I think that's why we want to eat nothing but grapes and cinnamon doughnuts, or on your case rice and potato. :)

hi, it doesn't hurt you to have things with no nutrients in it. Your body is telling you that it needs what your craving. Just follow your craving's for your body. This is what its telling you. Good luck and congrats on your bub