Kelsey asked in PetsHorses · 1 decade ago

Can i show in these bits?

http://www.jeffersequine.com/ssc/pop_prodimage.asp...

^ this bit for english pleasure (FTR shows, Fairs ect) [ny shows]

Copper Roller Mouth Improved Tom Thumb Bit

^for western pleasure www.kyhorse.com/store/tack/bits/tomthumb/

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, both of these bits are legal in 4-H and AQHA.

• 1 decade ago

I like the english bit, and believe it to be show legal. The tom thumb would not come up, but unless it is twisted wire or twisted mouthpeice, or a chain mouth peice, it is probably legal. You might want to double check with the exact show authorities, though.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

whilst Dee ring snaffles are at the instant the trend (the equestrian game has a tendency to alter particularly at as quickly as; no longer some time past, finished cheek snaffles have been the "factor"), any snaffle bit will do for hunters. The "bling" on that bit is relatively gentle so which you may desire to no longer be faulted for utilising unconventional tack. With Dee jewelry, stress is utilized to the corners of the mouth to aide in turning. Eggbutts tend to be much less aggressive in that experience, whilst nevertheless final stable. unfastened jewelry can pinch the corners of the mouth, yet an outstanding setting up one shouldn't. The unfastened ring has an extremely gentle gag action, permitting the horse greater time to compliment his reaction before that's completely engaged. each and every of the bits which you have indexed as seen gentle (of direction, misuse can rapidly replace that) and that i'm satisfied to pay attention that your horse is going luckily in them, great job preparation the basics =) in the journey that your horse is satisfied in a unfastened ring snaffle, you additionally can tutor hunters in it. in case you're relatively worried, i want to advise calling the tutor stewards and asking in case you will recieve any penalities utilising a undeniable bit.

• 1 decade ago

absolutely! It just depends on the class though....Some classes don't let riders ride in certain type of bits so just ask your trainer before you enter the devision if it is ok to show in the bit

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I dont know about the western one, but I show my mare in that english one. She loves it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.