Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsBiology · 1 decade ago

what is cellular respiration? I don't get it at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It is the catobolic (breaking down) pathway that converts the energy in food into ATP. There are 4 parts: glycolysis, oxidation of pyruvates, citric acid cycle (or Krebs cycle), and electron transport chain. It is an anaerobic process (requires oxygen) and if there is no oxygen fermentation occurs instead. Cellular respiration yields a net total of 36 ATP along with giving off carbon dioxide during the oxidation of the pyruvates and Krebs cycle, and water in the electron transport chain. It uses NAD+ and FADH2 as the electron shuttles.

Source(s): I'm in AP Bio, and we just did learned this.
  • 4 years ago

Source(s): Get 100% Free Phone - http://FreeCellPhones.iukiy.com/?QfOu
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Cellular respiration is the set of the metabolic reactions and processes that take place in organisms' cells to convert biochemical energy from nutrients into adenosine triphosphate (ATP), and then release waste products. The reactions involved in respiration are catabolic reactions that involve the oxidation of one molecule and the reduction of another.

• 1 decade ago

Cellular respiration is the set of the metabolic reactions and processes that take place in organisms' cells to convert biochemical energy from nutrients into adenosine triphosphate (ATP), and then release waste products. The reactions involved in respiration are catabolic reactions that involve the oxidation of one molecule and the reduction of another.

I don't get it either.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The processes that take place in organisms' cells to convert biochemical energy from nutrients into adenosine triphosphate (ATP), and then release waste products.

• 1 decade ago

it is how cells use oxygen to convert it into a energy source such as ATP, in animal cells it takes place in the mitochondria and in plant cells it takes place in the chloroplasts

• 1 decade ago

cells breathing

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.