Is it normal for my 2 month old to be sleeping so much?

My 2 month old use to not sleep alot, but over the past week he has been sleeping so much. Is this normal, he is sleeping longer than his usual 3 hours. He is taking on 5 at a time now? He just seems sleepier than usual. I dont think he is feeling bad, cause he has no temperature, he is eating good(more actually) and not being fussy! Is this just part of growing for the baby and I should not be alarmed that he is sleeping alot?

Favorite Answer

I don't know how many hours your baby is sleeping, I am a mother of 2 children, a 20 mth old boy and a 3 mth old girl and they both would sleep around 16 hours a day (24 hrs period) at 2 mths old. You can keep a journal for a few days of his sleep schedule and see how much he is sleeping. He probably is starting to get on a normal sleeping routine along with feeding. Good Luck!

• alia

Believe it or no longer, your child is napping the encouraged 15-sixteen hours in a 24 hour interval. Most infants don't. Many infants handiest sleep round 12-14 hours in a 24 hour interval.. my son does. Your son sleeps extra at naptime it kind of feels, than for the duration of the night time. I am fortunate if my son will get two hours or extra naptime for the duration of the day, however he does sleep approximately eleven-12 hours at night time, waking up round two times to feed. It's common for you, each child is exceptional. Best Wishes!

• me

Enjoy it while you can, Im sure he will be making up for lost time before you know it.