Want to get a job at Petsmart or petco?

I'm only sixteen i'm not sure they hire me if i'm this young. I'm pretty experienced with animals since I go to a vocational school that studies animals aquatic turtles to hamsters. Anyone know if I can be employed?

Favorite Answer

Yes, you can! Just write a resume, include your working with animals, and your love for them, and ask them for one of their sheets, where you can apply. I'm also sixteen and applied for one, and am going to be working at PetSmart this summer.

Hope you get in!

• alia

Sorry however there is not any "coaching division". There is a licensed teacher (who does now not paintings for Petco) who involves educate the categories. Store staff don't have anything to do with it. Just like how the adoptable puppies and cats are from neighborhood rescue businesses, and the men and women who are available to deliver cheap vaccinations don't seem to be Petco/Petsmart staff, both. The coverage possibly exceptional at Petsmart however I doubt it. If you're unsatisfied at Petland, good, you are going to be doing most of the time the equal factor at each Petco and Petsmart! Good good fortune. I could suggest you to use to pup daycare facilities to your field versus puppy retail outlets. Edit: sorry needed to repair spelling and grammar

Well I most definitely have experience in this field :) i worked for petco and then they built a petsmart literally right up the road. So now i work at petsmart... There both good bbusinesses i know to work at petco you have to be 18 or older, but to work at petsmart you have to be 17. The more experience you have with animals the better :) People come first with there pets. Good luck :)

Source(s): I use to work at petco, but now i work at petsmart

Probably not. Youll either need to wait until you are 17, or maybe 18. Youll probably need to be 18 since youll be dealing with animals.

You should go in there and talk to them though. I dont know off the top of my head, but my local fish store hires 17 year olds. But Ive never seen anyone my age at a Petco or Petsmart.

I tried applying at petco the other day and they said you have to be 18. >.< I'm 16.

depending on the state you're in, or even the country

you can work at 16

in illinois at least you can work at 16 i can say that much for certain