Amber asked in PetsFish · 1 decade ago

is it illegal to fight fish?

i just wanna no..

Update:

I think that it is sick to fight fish....one of my buddys was asking me and i dident no......

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Jon
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

im sure its illegal if you put them together to kill each other. like making bettas fight. and even if its not its still cruel

• 1 decade ago

Fighting any animal in the US is illegal. So if you are, stop it. Its just wrong to the animal.

You asked the wrong people then. Are you going to argue that fighting dogs isnt illegal? Just because you posted it, doesnt mean its not illegal. Cruelty to ANY animal in the US is illegal. And putting two fish together to make them fight is no different than dogs or chickens. Its still cruelty, and you cant dodge it.

Actually, you admit its not legal at the end of your answer. Congratulations on the education of a lifetime.

• 1 decade ago

Why does it matter? It is just plain stupid. What kind of person would get kicks from watching two little fish fight? Big Man There!!!

• 1 decade ago

Yes, it is. Cruelty to animals is illegal in the U.S.

Think about it; if dog fights are illegal, why would any other animal be any different?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no i have posted 2 fights between a red devil and a green terror which was very tight, lol theyre both aggresive and almost the same strength, and a convict with a firemouth but convict won, i have also recorded my fishes eating live foods such as insects or feeder fishies no it isnt legal i asked every1

• 1 decade ago

Yes it is illegal in the U.S. and no one should do it anyways. It is cruelty to animals.

• 1 decade ago

no its animal abuse which is illegal in the U.S and other places

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

well it is like what every one else is but what i think if its for fun not to death but for fun i would do it. then let them heal.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Its just wrong don't do it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.