What happen when you get put over driving without a license? but a permit?

Favorite Answer

In New York the charge for driving by yourself with only a learners permit would be driving without a license. The penalty is the same if you are sixteen or sixty, money wise. There might be a provision that covers those under the age of 18 or 21 that would involve a revocation or suspension of the permit.

• alia

You will usually must pay a nice for the using and not using a license, and a conviction on that cost will imply that you are going to be disqualified from getting your license for a at the same time. Not definite of the duration of suspension in CA ... might be 6 months, maybe a 12 months or extra! If convicted of using and not using a license, you're going to no longer be getting your license subsequent month. The headlight price ticket would additionally effect in a nice, or the pass judgement on might deliver you a holiday and disregard that cost altogether.

If you get pulled over with a permit and there's a licensed driver with you, that person gets in trouble. However, if you're being dumb and driving without a licensed driver with a permit, you'd get your permit revoked and I believe suspended even when you're allowed to get your license.

if you have a drivers liscense and you just don't have it on you but you ahve the permit then the permit itself has all the information that your drivers lisence has and the officer would look it up and it would veryify that you have a valid lisence.....

if you just plain old DON'T have a drivers lisence then they would charge you with an infraction of "Never obtained a lisence" and I think that fee is about $50.........and honestly infractions aren't that bad, it's about as bad as a parking ticket........ACCEPT in some states if you get caught driving too many times(maybe even once, I'm not sure though) they will keep you from getting a lisence until you are 18 so be careful

Source(s): I got pulled over once while having a valid lisence but only carrying my permit and then I got pulled over with any ID at all and I had just moved to a new state so I wasn't in the database so he charged me with that!

Fine and you may have to wait an extra amount of time before you get your license. Depends on the judge it could be a slap on the hand or you have to wait till you are 18 to get your license.

It really depends upon the state, you may have to pay a fine and not get your license until you turn 18 depending upon the Judge and what you did wrong

You wouldn't get in trouble as long as you have a licensed driver in the passengers seat.