pol_224 asked in Education & ReferenceQuotations · 1 decade ago

Citing quotes in my paper?

I need to cite the quotes that I have in an upcoming paper, and I'm a little unsure of what I need to do with one minor thing. For the quote, we need to write it, then at the end say the author's name of the book that it's from and the page number, for example, like this: (Hale 133) I'm just not sure if the punctuation after the sentence goes after I site the info like this:

"It would be a long journey ahead, but with unforeseen conflicts in the horizon" (Hale 133).

or like this:

"It would be a long journey ahead, but with unforeseen conflicts in the horizon." (Hale 133)

Any help would be appreciated.

Favorite Answer

Look at your question, you say you need quote and then authors name, book that it's from, and page. Well your right # 2 would be your answer.

Hope this helped.

Source(s): I read your question.
  • rezai

If you're utilizing MLA structure, you'll write your quote, then use authors title and web page quantity in parenthesis in a while. EX: "Who needs to are living right here besides" (Cole, ninety six). NOTE: Do now not use your finish of sentence punctuation till after the "quotation". If you utilize the authors title within the sentence, there's no must positioned the final title in parenthesis. EX: According to Jane Doe, "Who needs to are living right here besides" (ninety six). Again, finish of sentence punctuation is left till after the "quotation". Hope that helped - Good Luck together with your paper.

dunno