Best laptop on the market around $1400?

Im looking for a high performance laptop around $1400.

Any suggestions? Why?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Buying a laptop is a complicated decision which will probably affect you/your friend daily for the next few years.

In addition to price and specs, you want to consider things such as ease-of-use, speed, reliability, stylish-design and tech-support.

Different people would have different opinions.

Therefore, I would recommend you to check ProCompare.com (http://procompare.com). They have a recommendation engine that ranks laptops and other tech products based on ratings and reviews from a community of trusted IT professionals. They also have a cool personalization slider that lets you personalize the results based on the criteria that are most important to YOU.

Hope you'll find this answer useful...

• 1 decade ago

I would say get an HP. They offer pretty good specs for their prices. Just head over to hp.com and select what you want in a laptop. Also dell.com has a neat way of helping you pick exactly what you want in your computer and gives you regular price updates when you add or subtract something from the computer until you have made your dream computer in the price range you want. Look for a good graphics card (NVIDIA Ge Force's are good or ATI Radeon's). Also look for a duo core or a quad core (quad cores are pretty rare to find in laptop's though so don't hold out for one). Be sure the processor name doesn't have Pentium in it. That's lower preforming than a dual core. You need to also consider if you are gonna be using your laptop more while it's plugged into a wall, or if your gonna take it else where where there are no outlet's. This affects how slim or light you'd want it to be and also you should check its power consumption. How fast the hard drive spins usual takes up a lot of power so get something with low rpm if your gonna be away from wall outlets for extended periods of time. Also I highly recommend atleast 4GB of RAM.

Hope this helped. E-mail me if you have any other questions.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Dude! Get a Dell! determine you get the two 12 months guarantee. Intel twin center (earlier P4 HT) have been around longer...AMD has been playing catchup for the final 4 years. in case you do no longer easily want the portability...get a working laptop or pc with an liquid crystal show show screen. You get two times the ability at 2/3 the fee.

• Analog
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Something like this oughta do pretty well:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N8...

You want a laptop with a good Intel Core 2 Duo processor >2GHz, at least 4 gigs of RAM, and good discrete graphics(at least a Geforce 9600M)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.