Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

Recipe for chocolate chip cookies w/regular chocolate chips?

I need a recipe for chocolate chip cookies, but with regular chocolate chips and not semi-sweet. I bought the regular one's by mistake and opened the bag. It does make a difference because when you have too much sugar in a recipe they come out flat and do not rise.

Favorite Answer

you can use any chocolate chips brand in any recipe , Mrs fields cook book has great cookie recipes the best ! get one at local book store or order on line . your flat cookies were due to no baking soda / baking powder/ or too much creaming in the dough .

I swear by this Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe and I've used both semi sweet and milk chocolate chips...

2 1/4 c. all purpose flour

1/2 t. baking soda

14 T. (1 3/4 sticks) UNSALTED butter, room temperature

3/4 c. granulated sugar

1/4 c. packed light brown sugar

1 t. salt

2 t. pure vanilla extract

2 large eggs

2 c. (about 12 oz.) semisweet and/or milk chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter with both sugars; beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low; add the salt, vanilla, and eggs (one at a time). Beat until well mixed, about 1 minute. Add flour mixture; mix until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.

Drop heaping tablespoon-size balls of dough about 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.

Bake until cookies are golden around the edges and set in the center, 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool on baking sheet 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.

Makes about 3 dozen.

** I spent a long time trying to perfect my chocolate chip cookie recipe. I finally came across this recipe from Martha Stewart and it is exactly what I was looking for. Cookies stay soft and do not flatten out when baking. I found the secret to keeping your cookies from going flat is to use UNSALTED butter. Hopefully this helps!!

Source(s): Martha Stewart Baking Handbook

If you live in one of these countries (US, UK, Canada, Australia), this site will surely help you:http://recipestoolbar.com. You can download it for free and it is safe as well. It takes only a few minutes to find great chocolate chip cookie recipes plus other recipes you want instantly.

God bless!

In all honesty, the final chocolate chip cookie recipe i've got ever had is the single on the Tollhouse chips kit. They even stayed gentle and chewy for each week! final time we placed peanut M&M's in instead of the chips for Valentine's Day. The pink, white and pink have been rather quite in them.

There should be a recipe on the back of the package. And there is no differenece in the batter. I sub peanut buuter chips, rasines, crainsens, bbuttersctoh chips etc... all the time.

MMM that sounds really good.