mr.purple asked in SportsHorse Racing · 1 decade ago

Racing in Japan -VS- United States?

Will horses have trouble getting their footing when racing in Japan....I noticed that they run around the track in a different direction...will horses running here in the states have more trouble turning right rather than left like they do here in the united states....is this direction change hard for a horse to do...or do they just fall right into it...?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yeah, it is all about the lead change. Generally speaking, most horses have a stronger drive when on the right lead, but they are extremely adaptable creatures. They will pick it up quickly

• Jess
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

It actually depends on the horse, some handle it really well and some don't. The ones that don't keep changing their lead leg, which just causes interference and stuff like that.

• 1 decade ago

They just lead with a different leg. They pick it up after a few goes.

Not all of Japans tracks run clockwise however, most run ant-clockwise.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

well like someone said not all tracks in japan are set up the same , tokyo niigata and chukyo ar lefthanded while nakayama , kyoto and hanshin are right so it depends.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

it is not a annoying determination in any know. i do no longer appreciate those bands you listed from the U.S. just about as lots as I do like Kalmah and Ensiferum and of path...Norther. U.S. Has their purely suitable share of steel bands whether, like return From Exile, daylight hours Dies, Mutiny interior of, Mercenary, With faith Or Flames and others... yet Finland purely has the "wow" bands.

• 1 decade ago

idk if it changes but i dont think it will make a dif

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.