Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

Is it true you can get pregnant at ANY time of the month?

even if you just got off your period? or do you have to wait until you're ovulating so there's a possibility?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You can get pregnant any time. Even during your period. It's not as common, but it happens. Your body can realize an egg anytime. They've actually found fraternal twins where one is a little older than the other because the woman's body has released another egg after the first one.

• 1 decade ago

You can get pregnant any time of the month because you MAY not ovulate at the same time every month. But you do need to have sex within a day before and several days after you ovulate in order to get pregnant. Some women ovulate very soon after their periods, or this may happen randomly even though it is not the usual schedule for them.

• Violet
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

You can only get pregnant around the time of ovulation. But the tricky part is predicting when that will be. Ovulation usually occurs 10-16 days after the start of your period, but it could occur at almost any time of the month, and it can vary from one month to the next. Give or take 3 days either way, and you can pretty much conclude that you could get pregnant from having sex at any time of the month. If you want to get pregnant, there are tests you can buy over the counter to tell you when you're ovulating. You can also learn how to predict it from your body temperature. This is not a very reliable method of preventing pregnancy, but it might help those who are trying to conceive.

• 1 decade ago

You do have to be ovulating to fall pregnant, but there is always the slightest smallesrt possibilty that could cause you to get pregnant at any time (ig if your egg doesn't drop.) And don't forget that even though you don't start ovulation until 11-14 days after the begining of your period sperm can live inside you for up to 3 days.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • You actually can get pregnant at anytime. You are just most likely to get pregnant as you ovulate. My doctor says you can even get pregnant while on your period. There's always a possibility, it's just a greater possibility while you ovulate. Good luck, hope this helps.

• 1 decade ago

It's possible just more likely to happen when your ovulating. I'm 39 weeks right now and I got pregnant while on birth control and not ovulating.

• 1 decade ago

Technically no.

However, every woman ovulates at different times in their cycle- and you can get pregnant when you ovulate. Unless you know when you ovulate, for all you know, it could happen at any time of the month. Also, sperm can hang around for up to 7 days, so you can get pregnant from sex during your period even- it just depends on when you drop your egg.

If you don't want to get pregnant, don't have sex, or use condoms AND birth control.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You can only get pregnant when you ovulate - but because of how long sperm can live in a woman a woman could get pregnant up to 5 days prior to ovulation. Not all women know when they will ovulate - as in humans there is no outward signs of ovulation. Therefore, using protection is in order.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'm going to say no!

If you know when you ovulate, then chances of you getting pregnant around the time are very good. If you have sex when you aren't ovulating then chances are lower!

My husband and I used that method for like a year and didn't get pregnant, but the 3rd time we tried to get pregnant we got pregnant!

So, you can only get pregnant when you are ovulating, BUT that could be at ANY time of the month for you!

Be careful, and use protection!

• technically your body can ovulate any time.. in the sense that everyone is different and you might ovulate on cycle day 4 and i might do it on cd 18 and so on.. but usually you will do it at the same time each cycle give or take a day and you can only get pregnant if an egg has been released.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.