how can i teach my 3 yr old boy to ride his new bike?

ive tried lots of things . any suggestions?(he wont push the pedals with effort)

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer
  • 1 decade ago

I agree....if he's not taking to it naturally, then wait a year or two and give it a try again. I do know some 3 and 4 year olds who ride (the four year old is riding skateparks with no fear...amazing), but most kids don't have the ability to do the multitasking necessary to ride a bike safely at that age. You also have to keep in mind that although they're flexible little things, young kids can do some serious damage to their joints in a relatively minor fall because their bodies aren't yet developed in that area to where they can handle much abuse.

Let him get interested and learn at his own pace. If he wants to ride now but can't really figure it out, maybe a scooter or trike is better for the time being. There are loads of things to keep a young boy active and involved....let the bike riding come when he's truly ready to enjoy it.

• 1 decade ago

What you should do is buy one of those bikes that have the handle so you can push him while he is pushing the peddles with no effort. Then when he becomes more comfortable getting used to the bike take the handle off and let him ride without it!

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

right that's some unconventional advice. tell him you think approximately he's perfect. he's unable for marriage or possibly a relationship and break up with him. If he particularly loves you and desires to be with you he's going to make the modifications needed and are available back. If he does no longer then he replaced into as quickly as purely making excuses and hiding interior the back of his residing disaster. this might show the reality approximately him to you. The threat is which you need to now no longer purely like the reality.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Lay off dude. It's parents that push things like this that get abandoned by their offspring (or worse) after the children get older.

Fine motor skills develop at different rates for different children. If he's not physically read all you'll do is turn him off to riding. Please don't do that.

• 1 decade ago

just push him let him learn to pedal on his own and if he falls he falls its part of the process

• 1 decade ago

He's too young. You need to wait till he's 5 or 6. Then buy one with training wheels.

• 1 decade ago

its a little to early try 4 then hold the back so he doesnt fall

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago
  • Kitten
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Let him learn on his own

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.