Obama is the president true or false ?

he is the president thats true the said it on tv

• Panda
    Favorite Answer

Obama won the election on November 4th but he will not be inaugurated as President until January 20, 2009.

George W Bush will remain President until the inauguration.

George W Bush is currently the only President of the United States.

Obama is the President-elect and must wait out the two month period.

Senate: Inaugration Day is January 20, 2009

http://inaugural.senate.gov/2009/

He is the president elect. George W. Bush is the president until January 20, 2009.

• Beth

No. He is the president-elect. There's a difference. The current president of the United States is George Walker Bush.

• Mac

False. He is the president-elect. Bush is the President until Jan 20.

But gee, if you heard it on TV it MUST be true! LOL

NOPE because constitutionally, he's not even been elected yet because the President is officially elected on December 15 by the electoral college. Hopefully he will be inaugurated Jan. 20 as the 44th President of the U.S.

Source(s): americanhistory.about.com/od/biographiesmr/p/barack_obama.htm - 22k -

He is the President Elect until he is sworn in on 20 January 2009. He has no power until 12:01 pm that day.

Source(s): Basic Government/Civics

President ELECT.

Bush was more tollerable. I consider myself to be an independent conservative. I usually hold my nose and vote Republican. I'm all for the Tea Parties because they are all about finding potential representatives who are less linkely to interfere with your ability to live life the way you choose to live it, and who will follow the Constitution. Bush was not a good President because he didn't resist special interests enough. Obama isn't even a President, at least not of the United States as I recognize it.

on 1-20-2009

Obama is President ELECT - he has not been sworn in yet. BUSH is currently President and will remain so until Jan 20th - when Obama is sworn in.

The media made a mistake I would guess. Not unusual.