i been smoking weed and im 5months pregnant but did not know and i stopped when i knew is this bad ?

• MO3

Some people get upset by the usage of it, although I do not recommend it; as a bit of back history and you might find it interesting, midwives used to use marijuana to alleviate nausea, labor pains and migraines caused by pregnancy. It has not been definitively shown to have any adverse affects on the fetus, although it is always best to err on the side of caution. I know many women who used weed throughout their pregnancy and their kids are bright, calm and attentive. I am, however, a nerd and try to do everything healthy so I just could not use it myself even though I have horrible morning sickness and the temptation is there. I think your baby should be fine, but it is good you stopped. Oh and do tell your Oby, its always best to let them know your entire history while pregnant, like any drugs you have taken.

It's not great. There are worse things you could have been doing, like drinking. Did you drink? Was it just weed? It's probably good that you stopped though.

"While experts generally recommend against any drug use during pregnancy, marijuana has little evidence implicating it in fetal harm, unlike alcohol, cocaine or tobacco." http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=3475

"Despite a lack of solid proof, even the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML) agrees that women who are pregnant or those trying to conceive should take a break from getting high.

"There is not an iota of research that smoking harms the fetus, but I do think physicians would urge, 'Don't use any drugs,'" says Keith Stroup, NORML's executive director. "Common sense tells us it is smarter to avoid it."http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?art...

its extreme;y important that you stop as soon as you find out that you're pregnant. the good news is, it's only 5 months. that's a LITTLE far along but not too much. the biggest result of drug use is babies having defects. and they can tell by your ultrasound and different blood tests before the baby even arrives if anything comes up. if you havent had the healthy start screen (which they should have offered by now) i highly suggest u ask about it. they do a blood test to see if the baby is susceptible to down's sydrome, any kind of spinal conditions, etc. if you've already had it done and the results came back good then there seems to be nothing to worry about. i just HIGHLY suggest you stop the smoking A.S.A.P. good luck!

Not necessarily. When I was pregnant with my second child I smoked weed up until I was like 2 months, when I found out I quit, but chances are your baby will be fine. I have had the conversation with nurses before. There have also been people who smoke weed their entire pregnancy and the baby comes out fine. I'm not approving that by any means because I wouldn't do it or risk it however it has been known to happen with people.

But don't worry, you really are more than likely fine and so is the baby.

• Ethel

It's only slightly worse then cigarettes becuase of it being unfiltered when you smoke. You stopped now, and I assume you're going to stay stopped - I bet it helped with nausea. Yeah, you kicked the habit! I wouldn't worry about the weed so much, drinking alcohol yes, weed not so much.

Its bad to smoke weed whether you are pregnant or not. Its good that you stopped now that you know you are pregnant. Dont use it anymore or it will harm your baby and who knows what its already done to you. Most likely your baby will be fine. I hope you went to see your OB and make sure you tell them that you did smoke weed but you stopped as soon as you found out.

I'm sure the baby will be fine. There is really no concrete proof that smoking marijuana during pregnancy causes problems. A derivative of THC actually is used in medicines given for morning sickness.

Umm.. something you should know. IF They find Drugs in the babys first Blood test.

They will take it from you..and put it in a Home..Doesnt matter if you knew about it or not.. how could u know u rnt pregnant at 5 months first off.....but im glad you quit. Good job, just please dont start up again. Keep Hydrated so all that **** gets out of that poor babys system.

25 weeks with first baby girl!

I'm not even going to go into the whole "HOW COULD YOU NOT KNOW YOU WERE PREGNANT" speech, because my friends periods were so outta whack she didn't know she was pregnant till around 4-5 months either.

BUT- why are you smoking weed in the first place! It kills your brain cells, makes you stupid and can kill you!

There is a good possibility it could have effected your babe, please be sure to get yourself to a doctor, let him know what you've been doing and make sure he does some tests!

And please, get some help to quit smoking weed! Make your home a cleaner place for your babe!

Good Luck!

its good you stopped. but you need to inform your Dr that you did smoke weed.

Source(s): 30w2d pregnant.