Can I use my home phone line to send and receive a fax or will I need a new phone line to do it?

Favorite Answer

Yes you can use same line just fine, Many fax machines have a setting for using the line for just faxes or for sharing the line.

Yes. Fax machines use normal analogue phone lines.

However, sharing the fax with the phone line means that you can't leave the fax on all the time to receive faxes. You will not know which calls are voice calls and which are fax transmissions.

For occasional incoming faxes, then it is OK to use the same line, but to have a dedicated fax, then it is better to use another phone line dedicated to fax use.

Yes, a fax works on a normal phone line that voice calls are made on.

Yes you can use your phone line. Another option to think of is called distinctive ringing. Your phone company will charge you a small fee and your fax machine can be programmed to listen for that ring and answer it. It will not allow another call to come in but it will make receiving calls so much easier.

Source(s): Prior experience en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distinctive_ring

You can do it using a personal computer. In the same place you set the printer you can choose a FAX mode and you be able to send and receive FAX using the net. I´m sorry I forgot you have to sign the papers, you will need a scaner and a printer to do that by the net.

Your phone line will be just fine.

Source(s): 25 years phone service experience.

Yes.

Yep you sure can