1 teaspoon salt

1 cup vegetable shortening

2 cups sugar

2 cups over-ripe mashed bananas

4 eggs, beaten

1 cup chopped nuts

1 tablespoon banana liqueur or dark rum

Preheat oven to 350F.

Combine flour, baking soda and salt; stir to mix well.

In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together shortening, sugar, mashed bananas, and eggs. When well beaten, gradually add the flour mixture while mixture is at lowest speed. Mix only until combined.

Stir in the banana liqueur or rum and the chopped walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts or macadamia nuts.

Butter and flour a loaf pan. Bake for 65-70 minutes or until cake tests done (toothpick inserted in center comes out clean).

Remove from oven and allow to sit for several minutes. Run a bread knife around edges of loaf pan to free it from sides and remove from pan. Rub the top of the still-warm loaf with a pat of butter to soften and glaze the top, if desired.

• 1 decade ago

mmm..that sounds really good! Im suppose to bake peanut butter bread for a party and the only bread i know how to make is the banana one.Well good luck ;)

+ ½ cup butter, softened

+ 1 cup sugar

+ 2 eggs

+ 1 cup (3 medium) mashed ripe bananas

+ 2 cups flour

+ 1 tsp baking soda

cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs one at a time, beating until smooth. Blend in mashed bananas. The bananas should be really ripe and brown.

In second bowl, stir flour with baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add to banana mixture, stirring only to moisten. Transfer to greased loaf pan (9 x 5 x 3 inch). Bake in 350 º oven for about 1 hour. Let stand 10 minutes. Remove from loaf pan and place on cake rack to cool.

+ ½ tsp baking powder

+ ½ tsp salt

• 1 decade ago

Take a slice of bread and wrap it around a banana, there you go!

Just kidding.

* ½ cup butter, softened

* 1 cup sugar

* 2 eggs

* 1 cup (3 medium) mashed ripe bananas

* 2 cups flour

* 1 tsp baking soda

cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs one at a time, beating until smooth. Blend in mashed bananas. The bananas should be really ripe and brown.

In second bowl, stir flour with baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add to banana mixture, stirring only to moisten. Transfer to greased loaf pan (9 x 5 x 3 inch). Bake in 350 º oven for about 1 hour. Let stand 10 minutes. Remove from loaf pan and place on cake rack to cool.

* ½ tsp baking powder

* ½ tsp salt

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I use the recipes posted above, but I replace half the white sugar with BROWN sugar. It gives the bread a denser, more moist texture.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3mily!
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I'm not sure exactly...

My papaw does it with this weird bread maker thingy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.