Sugar P asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 decade ago

i want to begin repairing my credit, but how?

how do i go about repairing my credit without going with one of those consolidating places that will only make my debt higher?

I have already taken the steps of NOT accumulating MORE debt. i dont carry cards anymore.

Favorite Answer

You need to talk to all of your creditors and get on a payment plan. Try to see if you can get them to stop the interest from getting worse. Then pay them what you agreed to pay them. Don't make any more debt and live under your means. The only real way to repair your credit is to make your payments on time and don't have a high ratio of what you owe to your credit limits.

Do not agree to pay what you can't afford. Try to pay off one card at a time (usually the one with the worse record or highest interest rate), but don't ignore everyone else. Once that one is paid off take all of the money you were giving them and add it to the next one. Try to pay more than you're minimum, it will decrease your debt faster. Get a second or third job short term if you have to.

You must goto http://www.myfico.com/Downloads/Files/myFICO_UYFS_... and read about the FICO scoring system.

1. Did you know by canceling credit card and other accounts could potentially hurt your score?

2. Did you know that when shopping for a car or mortgage. Any pulls you have pertaining to those items within 14 days count only as one pull?

3. Did you know that by law you are able to obtain 1 free annual report from each of the 3 Bureaus? Annualcreditreport.com

The list goes on and on.

First, I would call your current credit card companies and negotiate the terms of your interest and balance.

Second, I would goto Annualcreditreport.com and obtain a free report from Experian, Transunion and Equifax.

Next, I would read the information from the report. If there are inaccuracies I would dispute them with the Bureau in question.

Lastly, I would refrain from obtaining, or charging any more on the accounts. In most cases when you renegotiate your terms, the creditor will freeze the account. But make sure that if you do renegotiate they agree to report the account PAID AS AGREED on your report. Otherwise, it could hurt your scores.

All the above methods are used by the credit repair agencies, without it showing up on your credit. People don't know that going to a credit repair agency is considered JUST AS BAD AS A CHAPTER 13. These agencies do not pay on time and charge a fee with each month passing.

Let me know if this helps.

Learn to repair your own credit.Below.

also, go to truecredit.com and get a 3 in 1 monitorins service 15 a month. You can erase anything with enough time. Some things you might have to pay off with a pay for delete and debt settlement.

remember paying a collection is no better than having an un-paid collection, it must be removed.

www.creditrepairuniverse.net

24 Hour credit dispute

Erase:Chex-systems, bankruptcy, judgments, repossessions, collections,

charge-offs, late payments, inquiries

Free Cpn,Scn:New credit File in your own Social Security

You can look into transferring balances from higher interest rate cards to lower interest rate cards. There is usually a fee involved, so you have to do the math on whether or not the lower rate saves you money in the long run.

Pay just the minimum amount on your cards with the lowest interest rates and pay as much as you can on the highest rated debt. Make a budget and stick to it. Keep track of your progress as you pay your debt down, it will inspire you to keep with it. There are no quick fixes, it will all come down to your own willpower. Good luck.

You need simple credit repair. My mom used a program that cost like $349 for a base program; it removed some negatives and inaccurate items to improve her score 51 points. She started by filling out a free evaluation form at www.totaldebtsolutionsllc.com Good luck.

• Nope

Get the scissors and cut up your credit cards!