Could I pass as British (video)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI2i103OnRE

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

I'm well aware that there are countless British accents, and I chose the posh southern London accent. How does it sound?

Favorite Answer

You are doing great - the only spot that sounded a bit awkward was at the very end, last 10 seconds, words "my accent", with the 'a' in 'accent' needing to sound a little more toward "eh" as in 'end', and less 'aaa' as in 'cat'.

I could pick on your other reading a bit more, but it also is high quality.

You have really studied well. It's an awesome job - your obsession is paying off - hope you have a speech/drama class to display this!

It's not too soon to work on a Liverpool, or Cockney. I can't wait to see that video!

Source(s): I'm a singer in an a-capella group, where precision vowel matching makes me hyper-aware of how the human voice forms vowels.

I thought it was good, probably better than I could do! haha

Sometimes I really wish I had a Brittish accent, they're so cool

sounds good! i am british, but i don't have an accent like that, i live more in the Midlands than London xxx

It sounds pretty good, its amazing that I'm not the only person out there who is obsessed with England and wants to talk like them. I love England, and I can't wait until I go someday. But you were pretty good!

wow, you really know how to talk in that accent. you look sexy by the way

sounds good to me!