Could I pass as British (video)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI2i103OnRE

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

I'm well aware that there are countless British accents, and I chose the posh southern London accent. How does it sound?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You are doing great - the only spot that sounded a bit awkward was at the very end, last 10 seconds, words "my accent", with the 'a' in 'accent' needing to sound a little more toward "eh" as in 'end', and less 'aaa' as in 'cat'.

I could pick on your other reading a bit more, but it also is high quality.

You have really studied well. It's an awesome job - your obsession is paying off - hope you have a speech/drama class to display this!

It's not too soon to work on a Liverpool, or Cockney. I can't wait to see that video!

Source(s): I'm a singer in an a-capella group, where precision vowel matching makes me hyper-aware of how the human voice forms vowels.
  • 1 decade ago

I thought it was good, probably better than I could do! haha

Sometimes I really wish I had a Brittish accent, they're so cool

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

sounds good! i am british, but i don't have an accent like that, i live more in the Midlands than London xxx

• 1 decade ago

It sounds pretty good, its amazing that I'm not the only person out there who is obsessed with England and wants to talk like them. I love England, and I can't wait until I go someday. But you were pretty good!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

wow, you really know how to talk in that accent. you look sexy by the way

• 1 decade ago

sounds good to me!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.