Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesHonolulu · 1 decade ago

Will You Rather Go To Thailand or Hawaii?

Which of these beautiful places would you rather go to if you can go for Free?

Favorite Answer

Hawaii, no contest! Not that Thailand isn't exotic and all, but there are a LOT of problems with it: crime, political upheaval, and sadly a thriving human trafficking business! People go missing there all the time. And if you end up in a jail there, for whatever reason (even if you did nothing) you might wait a LONG time just to get to court. Then there are all the exotic diseases and poor sanitary conditions if you leave the tourist spots.

Hawaii, aside from also being part of the U.S., is more beautiful, IMO, with more familiar amenities, laws and culture. That's not to say there aren't huge differences (many of them good, some not so good) between it and the "Mainland", but all in all, you're probably much safer there and don't need a passport.

My kid is traveling there next month and though I'm worried (since he's never traveled alone before), enough people have assured me he should be okay following basic safety and courtesy rules, that I feel better than I did.

However, if he wanted to go to Thailand...I'd hog-tie him and have him committed!

Source(s): Lots of research, documentaries, speaking with people on various forums.

THAILAND! Enjoy life experience different cultures and languages in the world. It will open your eyes. Not only will you see new beautiful things but you will also appreciates the comforts you have in your current life style. Hawaii is part of the US and you're not getting the traveling abroad experience.

In response to the person that wrote:

"Hawaii, no contest! Not that Thailand isn't exotic and all, but there are a LOT of problems with it: crime, political upheaval, and sadly a thriving human trafficking business! People go missing there all the time. And if you end up in a jail there, for whatever reason (even if you did nothing) you might wait a LONG time just to get to court. Then there are all the exotic diseases and poor sanitary conditions if you leave the tourist spots."

I've never heard of people "going missing all the time" If that were true then the US would have a warning and black list the country.

No you do not just go to jail for no reason. There's always a reason if you are doing drugs, participating in human trafficking or do or say something to disrespect the king (which is against the law).

Exotic diseases? Poor sanitary conditions? You make Thailand sound like a third world country. Never mind that Bangkok is compared to the LA of Southeast Asia. My husband is white and we went to my small hometown(not a tourist spot) for a month and he had no issues. We had cable with english channels and internet connections. and a 7-11 around the corner.

True there are political issues going on but that's 100% directed at the former prime minister and his corrupt followers. Not at tourist, who Thai people actually love to see and interact with.

Have you actually been there? If not then you shouldn't bash another country because of what you heard, or think you may know. Wow! Hog tie your son and have him committed for wanting to go. That's pretty extreme.

And yes if you go to a Red Light district then you will find prostitutes.

Source(s): Born in Thailand raised in the US (Colorado) and Been to Hawaii, considering moving there to live next.
  • Hawaii

Hawaii

Hawaii! Check out some of the things to do and see. It's just beautiful.

Thailand...already lived in hawaii

I might want to go to thailand because there might have a volcano erupting while i'm there.

lived in hawaii for 4 years,,,,,neva found da kine...aloha.....mokes titas and drugs....crime alot,.,,,nanakuli dangerous and waipahu bad news... thailand nice and cheap.,,...better food, no spam musubis there.

Hawaii . . .