Where is the human soul located?

Favorite Answer

I can honestly say I do not know. I know that it is in here some where. My best guess is in my mid-brain or somewhere cerebellum and the pituitary. When the rest of our body is sleeping, we are still here doing whatever we want to do.

I am a science teacher and I like to tell my students that anything is possible until proved impossible. So for all of the people who think this is a crazy question and give demeaning answers, where is your proof of nonexistence

I am a member of a paranormal research team. I have photos that I would not believe unless I had taken them for myself of human and human-like figures walking through walls. I have heard voices, some random and some with specific messages. A possible explanation for the things that I have encountered is disembodied souls. I have seen and experienced so many things you just wouldn't believe.

If you find where it is, drop me an email and let me know. It may help me better understand myself and some of the people who come back to talk to me.

It's located in your mind, and the mind of any and all who give though to it. Anything spiritual is not of the physical plane, therefore "location" as applied to physical objects and space does not apply to that which is referred to as the "human soul". It would serve the same purpose to ask where "ideas" or "thoughts" or "spirit" are located. They are located where you perceive them. As I understand it, the energy that animates the body, an aware conscious entity is the soul. A spiritual being if you will, it is located not in the physical realm, but in the spiritual, our thought processes tend to bridge the two realities or dimensions if you prefer, but not very well. It's like a painting trying to understand Picasso, the tools are not adequate to the task. Some things men were not meant to know(Revealations, last book of the Bible is the documentation your question requested), therefore they are unknowable. Human perception has limits, and your question just found one of them. Hope I helped.

• Seeker

Hippocrates located the mind in the brain; Descartes, the soul in the pineal gland; and in 1994, Nobel Laureate Francis Crick reported "Free Will...in or near the anterior cingulate sulcus."

Diseases of the mind, "mental illnesses," are even better localized: obsessive compulsive disorder is spotted in the frontal lobes, homosexuality in the hypothalamus and Schizophrenia is assigned now to Dopamine, now to Serotonin and now to the neurotransmitter molecule "du jour."

"What's going on here?" asks the author, rhetorically: "They can't all be right."

Thomas Szasz, M.D., Professor Emeritus of Psychiatry at State University of New York in Syracuse, thinks they may all be wrong. In this, his 23rd book, he quotes Hughlings Jackson, the great 19th century British neurologist:

For more information please go on line to:

http://www.idiom.com/~drjohn/review.html

Enjoy the music while you read+

According what I have read her on answers, human souls float around getting in the way of my camera when I want to take pictures. The containers that hold souls are called orbs.

Hey, ask a silly question...........

There is no 1 place for the soul. It is through out your body.

The soul is every thing that you are made up of, Your love, your thoughts, your actions. Your soul is you.

The temple of Solomon gives the secret of the human soul.

Well the Bible calls it the Living Soul -the energy of Live -can it become a spirit and Transcend this material fleshy life ? Sometimes I think so -and sometimes I do not. Yet we can not see thoughts -just the chemical process in our brain.

For me, April, I do not have a soul, rather, the soul has me. Souls (reportedly) are eternal, bodies are not. Thus after my body perishes the soul will take another to be reborn.

Source(s): Aging hippie
  • Donna

In the human brain.

Omaha