In your opinion, what makes someone a racist?

Is it only people who hate others because of their race? What if you only have friends who are the same race as you? Does that make you a racist? What if you prefer to date someone who is your own race?

• Anne S
    Favorite Answer

True equality means that you don't judge another person for anything other than the content of their character, as MLK put it. True equality would mean that you don't have to like someone based on their race, ethnicity, religion or whatever, anymore than you should hate them for it.

So a person is a racist if they judge someone solely on their race. There are many other ways people can be bigoted however...based on race, religion, ethnicity, height, gender, handicaps, social class...so many things.

Most of my friends in my real life (meaning other than MySpace or internet friends) are white, but I don't think that makes me a racist. We usually choose our close friends based on having things in common with them, and that's okay. I don't think just wanting to date someone of your own race makes you racist. People have different likes or dislikes where dating attractions or marriage are concerned. That should not make you a racist in my opinion. However, if you think that nobody should date anyone outside of their race, you might be a racist.

if ur dating some1 who is in ur own race its a date and if its outside ur race its still a date i dont get it with racists skin doesnt matter its species O.o and arent we all human? also this is america and well were more savage then other countrys and the savages that are more savage then other savages ppl belive other races are invading their land like with racists and black ppl black ppl say the white ppl owe them for the years of slavery even tho its been alotttttttaaaaa years and racists say they dont owe them anything bc black ppl came into white ppl country i dont agree with either 1 i kinda agree about black ppl coming into are country but as a oppsite way bc white ppl brought black ppl here and 2 black ppl keep bringing that up even tho were kinda even over the years they keep bringing it up and well white ppl made BET for black ppl bc they said the other channels were white ppl channels and i just lost were i was going with this lol btw im not racist or black O.o im like more red then white bc of the sun btw i just posted this answer and saw the black dude above me and that is why there are racists

Source(s): lol the toilet says to spred the name nymshade also if ur a black person that finded that offencive then ur racist probaply :I lol i wanted to say this black cracka :i hah http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2b1D5w82yU
  • a guy

I just think it is when you hate another culture or make fun of another culture way too much. I dont think that not dating someone of another race is racist, but i don't know

Someone who is totally dissapproving over a person of a certin skin tone,no matter what the persons personality is or the circumstance.

If the way you deal with someone is based solely on this premise, then that is racist.

People who call me white boy it hurts and bring much pain stop it please. cries.

• it is the way they were raised