does anyone know a specific quote from "the crucible" by arthur miller, about elizabeth.....?

when she was called into the courtroom on the account of john confessing of lechery? plz help!

Favorite Answer

in Act III...

Elizabeth: But in my sickness - you see, sir, I were a long time sick after my last baby, and I thought I saw my husband somewhat turning from me. And this girl - (she turns to Abigail) ... I came to think he fancied her. And so one night I lost my wits, I think, and put her out on the highroad.

Danforth: Your husband - did he indeed turn from you? ... Look at me! To your own knowledge, has John Proctor ever committed a crime of lechery! Answer my question! Is your husband a lecher!

Elizabeth: (faintly) No, sir.

Danforth: Remove her, Marshal.

Proctor: Elizabeth, tell the truth! ... Elizabeth, I have confessed it! ... She only thought to save my name!

Hale: Excellency, it is a natural lie to tell: I beg you, stop now before another is condemned! I may shut my conscience to it no more - private vengeance is working through this testimony! From the beginning this man has struck me true. By my oath in Heaven, I believe him now, and pray you call back his wife before we -

Danforth: She spoke nothing of lechery, and this man has lied!