Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Am I under weight because I'm built or I'm just to skinny?! (pics)?

I am current'y 5'3 and 100 lbs, I used to be 5'0-5'1 and was 105 lbs. the last time I got measured was at the doctors and they said I was 5'0 but I always thought I was 5'1. I was 14 then, I recently turned 15 on October 8. Like I said I am 100 lbs now so I've lost weight from when I was 105 lbs, but I work out a lot, to gain muscle and I just want a toned fit body, and I am pretty built I guess. I have somewhat muscular arms (getting there) flat tummy, toned/bony back lol. I just checked my bmi online and it says I am under weight, which is surprising to me because I don't look frail looking at all. And I thought your supposed to gain weight from muscle? Since it weighs more than fat. But I do know muscular people have little to no body fat. And this website says

(If your BMI is less than 20: This indicates a lean BMI, which means you have a low amount of body fat. This is desirable only if you are an athlete. If you are not an athlete, a lean BMI can indicate that your weight may be too low)

So that makes me pretty happy because I guess since I'm under weight it's because i'm fit..?

I'm so confused! help

This is the only picture I have of me btw, I don't know if you can tell. I was taking a picture of my back for a purpose, not for this question but thats the only photo I have of my body, sorry. I hope your able to tell at all-

http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spine1wg4...

http://img47.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spine2sj4....

Btw, I hardly have much of an appetite anymore. I don't know why, I only eat 2-3 meals a day. And the only food I ever eat are vegetarian buffalo soy chicken, soy chicken patties and veggie burgers and pasta with veggie meat.

As you can tell, I'm a vegetarian, been one since I was 12.

I love my body when I look in the mirror.

So that's all that counts, right?

I'm sorry, I can't eat meat, I'm a vegetarian.

Favorite Answer

how do you feel when you look in the mirror.? Actually, women hold a little more due to fat tissue in their breast and uterus. Forget the numbers. If it looks good to you, it looks good to me.

A BMI of less than 20 is not a 'lean' BMI, it's just low. You can have a BMI of less than 20 and a high percentage of body fat. I think the website (or you) are confusing BMI with body fat percentage.

If your BMI is less than 18.5 this would make you underweight. If your body fat percentage is less than 20% then this would make you very lean, however it would only be healthy to be that low in body fat if you are at a normal weight.

You don't look particularly underweight. You are probably just about where you are supposed to be. If you work out, you can tighten up a little which will make you look a bit healthier. I recommend eating a little meat also, for the protein. The human body is built to eat meat in moderation.

You are a tiny bit underweight.Check your BMI (body mass index) here http://www.weight-loss-surgery-or-weight-loss-prog...

Your BMI is what doctors use to determine if you are underweight, normal weight, or overweight.

Your BMI is about 17.5 which is a little underweight. Normal is anywhere from 18.5 to 24.9. And if you are athletic, then you have more muscle mass and burn calories faster.

Hope this helps.

You are underweight, but it's just your figure. Your not simply "fats." Your muscle groups are just not TONED. Try doing an hour a day Yoga, (stretching) to tone your muscle mass.

u r not underweight ur not that skinny eaither its normal to be 100 pounds and better than being 130 pounds. i think u look great =]]

p.s nice phone lol

• dougan

you're underweight, whether it relatively is purely your discern. Your no longer easily "fat." Your muscle mass are purely no longer TONED. attempt doing an hour an afternoon Yoga, (stretching) to tone your muscle mass.

You don't look alienly skinny to me at all; you actually look like a healthy weight. :)

It's all about what your doctor says. But youlook fine to me. I think it's becaue you're fit :D

From seeing your back it looks like you're in good shape.

You don't look underweight to me. You look pretty darn good from behind to me.