Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

How to meditate and clear my head?

I have tried meditation, however it has only lead to me just falling asleep, and not doing anything. How do I clear my head and find answers inside of me that I would not otherwise be able to answer.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Close your eyes and try to forget everything else going on in your life.

Think of your happy place.

Take 3 deep breaths

and relax.

Then search in your mind the answers that are needed to be known.

-if that doesn't help. Try hypnosis...lol

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There are several ways to meditate and clearing your head without having to fall asleep.

The Yoga method of meditation. (Search wikipedia on Yoga Meditation methods)

Anothrer form of meditation revolves around the Orthodox Christian prayer. While standing, keep your mind on your breathing as you inhale say the words of the simple Jesus son of god prayer.

• 1 decade ago

Meditation is called a practice...because it takes practice. Clearing your mind is not easy at first. I started by listening to my heart beats and breathing.

Over time you can 'drop in' quite easily.

• 1 decade ago

Try the meditation at fhu.com. It's the only valid one. You can download a version for free if you search on there.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Try to gain control over your breathing. While sitting or standing, ground yourself daily, firmly pressing feet to the floor and feeling the solid ground beneath you, slowly breathing in and out, noticing your breathing - -feel it.

Also, here... try a couple free meditation demo downloads and see what you think:

http://holothink.com

http://www.deep-zen.com

• 1 decade ago

I would recommend:

1. Close your eyes, while keeping your legs crossed

2. Think of water (as it's pure) or things you like

3. Focus on keeping still, Take deep breaths in and out

Source(s): :)
  • 1 decade ago

candles suthing muisc and the dark on a matt and if you dont get it than you just can get books anf thry to find vidoes on it

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Weed.

• 1 decade ago

listen to instrumentals and music with nature.. it really helps.. :D go back to simplicity. nature. away from the world. :D

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Lay back in your bed and think of nothing.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.