so_lovely asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

It hurts to put a tampon in?

Im 16, a virgin...and every time i try to put a tampon in, it hurts so bad and it still hasn't gone in! i have been trying for years and i've tried so many different angles and the whole put one foot on the toilet and insert it but it still hurts! and even when i do it gently its sore afterward like the whole day...help?!!?!

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

i had the exact same experience at your age and after a few months of trial and error, tampons became easy! The key is to relax your vaginal muscles upon insertion. When i first began i found that the best position to insert tampons was standing with my feet pretty wide appart and bending at the knees a bit. Or try squatting. Insert the tampon at a 45% angle - pointing toward your lower back, NOT up. If you still have trouble try some ky jelly on the tampon to make insertion smoother. If you are really REALLY having trouble then maybe tell your doctor about it as there may be a problem with your hymen. Dont give up, tampons are so much better than pads!!!!!! And no, tampons will not rupture your hymen although you hymen may be streched a little from tampon use but thats nothing to worry about

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well, first you should try using a slimmer tampon and put a little ky jelly on the tip. Then you have to make sure you insert it correctly. You have to put the first piece of the applicator in all the way in before pushing the other part up. It may hurt a bit the first few times putting one in but if put in correctly after it is in you shouldn't really feel it (maybe a little until you get used to it).

Don't worry you will get the hang of it. I had so much trouble in the beginning but now it is quick and easy for me.

Edit- Try using a a plastic applicator if your not already. I had better luck with those in the beginning. Then after you get used to putting in tampons you should switch to cardboard one because they are better for the environment!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

sometimes....rarely....the tampon may be too big....if so, get the smaller ones like playtex sport...they're pretty comfortable

also...you need the right angle, but you've probably heard that b4...when i was younger i had that same problem and it took me months before i finally figured it out-it was pretty silly. also, the first couple of times i tried using a tampon, it was painful so i had to wait a while, but when i wanted to go swimming and everything, then it was a pain in the neck. i just decided to wait until i grew a bit more, but i dont think that's your case

anyway, good luck!

• 1 decade ago

The reason why it hurst is because you never have has sex before. Please stop don't use tampons unless you can find some that you can insert with out hurting you. if you keep up you will rupture your own hyman. A hyman s the opening of the vagina, one broken you may bleed and it is somewhat painful. just give it up for now wait a few years and you may be able to use them once you get a little older.

Source(s): I have a sister trying the same thing.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

If it feels extremely uncomfortable then you're doing it wrong. If you can feel the end of the tampon if you stick your finger inside then it's wrong. It's supposed to be higher up.

Keep on using them, it is supposed to be awkward at first but you'll get used to it

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i heard from a friend that once your a virgin it doesn't hurt to put a tampon in. I would just keep using pads.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

don't freak get the small ones and try it ! i hand that problem and it feels like there is a huge stick pocking u! ur putting it on wrong u have 2 relax and just put it in or use pads:)

• 1 decade ago

I have the same problem i cant get the freakin thing in and when i do i feel so uncomfortable i can always feel when its in there

• 1 decade ago

you are most likely doing it wrong .

i'm 14 & i've been using them for a few months .

it's not that hard .

i'm not quite sure what you're doing wrong since i'm not you . ha .

but try asking your doctor maybe ?

• 1 decade ago

it could be to big of a size try a smaller one.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.