Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

is this an okay weight for my age?

5'8", 120 pounds, and almost 16...

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You are not overweight.Check your BMI (body mass index) here http://www.weight-loss-surgery-or-weight-loss-prog...

Your BMI is what doctors use to determine if you are underweight, normal weight, or overweight.

Your BMI is about 18.4 which is in the normal range. Normal is anywhere from 18.5 to 24.9. And if you are athletic, then you have more muscle mass. And muscle weighs more than fat, so that may be why your BMI is higher than you want.

Hope this helps.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you are 5'8", most definitely. 120 lbs is a healthy weight for almost any woman, down to 5'. If you lost 10 pounds, I fear your appearance would become too thin. Trust me, the vast majority of men out there ARE NOT ATTRACTED to very thin women. Curves are what a woman is supposed to have if you ask me.

• 1 decade ago

No you're Underweight . You're body mass index is 18.2 and for an ok weight it should be more than 18.5. You have to eat more and gain some weight to get in the average and be healthy.

• 1 decade ago

Of course. You are the perfect weight for your height and and age.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I think its a great weight. You should be feeling comfortable in your skin and enjoy it . There is plenty room to grow ; )

• 1 decade ago

I think its about a perfect weight. Here's why!

I have a friend who is 5'8" and is 140lbs. She is 13..... so you being almost 16 is great........

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Don't obsese over your weight.

& Yes, it's a fine weight.

• 5 years ago

you might do better to replace an occasional dinner with a nice roll in the hay

• 1 decade ago

Perfect for ur height and height.

Source(s): me :)
  • 5 years ago

don t sit ideally or sleep immediately after your dinner

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.