What do you think about it? i need opinions?

ok well I live with my fiance's parents and where they live they work so the house is free to them and they let us live in a spare room for a while and i am on food stamps and i get like four hundred a month and they tell me i have to give them my bridge card for living there so i do and my fiances mother spends 85 one night on junk and 45 another night on who knows what and then i spend about 75 on my 7 month old daughters food and now today she finally went grocery shopping and buys no meat. i ask her about it and she was like well i only had 200 to spend and it pisses me off so bad cuz we would have more foodstamps but she blew most of it so now we are not going to be eating any dinners all month....what do you think of this? is that right? am i just being mean by getting upset about it

You're NOT being mean! I do not understand why this is such an issue. I have a similar problem. I wish I could share it. With all due respect to your family, I think they are inconsiderate. All I can say is that I understand how YOU feel and how trapped you might be because saying something seems petty. You want to opt to do your major shopping first which might leave a little for them to squander. This is a challenging situation but I shop once and leave about $30. It's tough this way, but at least it can't get wasted entirely. Another solution is to ask them to buy you things you might need where you would have to use cash. This could be an equal compensation for you since they're using your food benefits. For example, if you need some toiletries, shampoo, etc, you can have them pay for that. Finally, you could simply say that there isn't anything left on the account and refuse to give them the card. Good luck on this! I am with you!

I don't think your being mean, but I would suggest going grocery shopping with her from now on so you guys can make decisions together and you can be sure she is not abusing your bridge card. And, if she has a job, why is she using your bridge card? I recommend offering to help out in other ways (i.e. cook the dinners, take care of laundry, do the cleaning, shopping etc). Good luck.

I would get my own place then. And, go shopping with her. I would also keep everything and not let her spend it without your approval. After all, she does have a job.

i would try and get my own home and get the hell out of there she sound a bit mean and she only thinks of herself