susan d asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

Can cats be in heat while pregnant?

my cat has been having sex w/ my male.and she is still in heat.but i want to no if she pregnant?

Favorite Answer

She will be pregnant,

Cats ovulate every time they mate and will stay in call untill they are pregnant, this how litters of kittens can have different fathers.

Cats are very fertile and unless you are a registered breeder I would get her neutered as there are so many unwanted kittens and cats around.

• Lane

I primarily had dogs who only go into heat several times a year, but I can tell you that a cat stays in heat and stays pregnant. After a while, we instantly got a cat neutered when we got a cat because they reproduce constantly. It must be something in their cat food and water!

Source(s): Years of cats and dogs.
  • Ocimom

Cats can mate many days when in heat. You should have had them neutered/spayed long time ago. Its not too late tho - keep them separated, get her an appointment to be spayed in a week or two and then get him neutered as well.

No reason for her to have kittens.

• carree

no. are you effective its 7 weeks and in no way 9? some cats act like they're in warmth even as they're in labour. i'd be outstanding to maintain her interior any further till she has the kittens